The Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations’ 49th Annual General Assembly in Minneapolis, Minnesota is only 14 days away.
General Assembly, GA, is our yearly meeting of congregations where we come together “to take part in the governance of our Association, to build together a vision for its future, to learn from each other, to work, talk, play, and imagine together, to grow together” (from the opening of the General Assembly Program).
The Green Sanctuary program will be well represented at GA. Robin Nelson, Program Manager for Congregational Stewardship Services who manages the Green Sanctuary program, will be presenting workshop #2092 Environmental Stewardship: Green Sanctuary, leading a discussion group, heading up the Environmental Justice Passport project, and honoring congregations that have received Green Sanctuary Accreditation in the fiscal year 2010 in Sunday’s closing Plenary session.
For those of you who can attend GA:
You might also be interested the following workshops:
- #2015 Environmental Justice in Our Congregations sponsored by the UU Ministry for Earth (UUMFE) featuring Steve Maier, Dr. Mark A. Hicks and Rowan Van Ness
- #2051 Proposed Congregationsl Study/Action Issues for 2010-2014 sponsored by the Commission on Social Witness led by Rev. Dr. Paul Johnson and Rev. Heather Starr
- #2059 Using Sustainable Solutions to Impact Climate Change sponsored by the UU United Nations Office featuring Jennifer Jewell Thomas, Jim Harkness, Michael Noble and Will Steger
- #2073 Environmental Justice: The Green Revolution in Religion sponsored by the Ballou Channing District featuring Rev. Robert Murphy, Rev. Jose Ballester, Rev. Paul Rasor, Rev. Dr. Fred Muir and Rev. Dr. Lucy Hitchcock Seck
- #3013 Saving the World One Fork at a Time sponsored by the Commission on Social Witness featuring Howard Lyman, Rev. Dr. Paul Johnson, and Rev. John Gibb Millspaugh
- #3058 Ethical Eating: Moving Toward a Statement of Conscience sponsored by the Commision on Social Witness featuring Rev. Dr. Paul Johnson, Re. John Gibb Millspaugh, Rev. Robert Murphy, and Rev. Dr. Lucy Hitchcock Seck
Check out the inside back cover of the Program book to learn more about “greening” the 2010 General Assembly.
Participate in the UUMFE’s Annual Meeting, Friday, June 26th 6pm at Central Lutheran Church. There will be a light supper and networking, a brief meeting to elect UUMFE board members, a conversation about climate change and Earth Justice and what might be UU’s unique role in moving towards solutions. At 7:30pm, the film, No Impact Man, will be shown.
Join in the Environmental Justice Passport project. Visit the Congregational Life, UUMFE, UU Service Committee (UUSC), and UU Statewide Advocacy Networks (SANs) booths to pick up your passport and learn more about the project. At each booth you can “collect” stamps in your passport for actions endorsed by each organization.
Stop by the Congregational Life “booth” #642 in the Exhibit Hall to look at Accredited Green Sanctuaries’ scrapbooks to get ideas for Green Sanctuary projects and/or pick up a copy of the interfaith environmental film Renewal and its accompaning study guide. If you have questions for Robin you can stop by “the booth” and leave a message and she’ll be sure to get back to you as soon as she can.
Attend Plenary VI to participate in the debate and vote on the Business Resolution: The Green Revolution in Religion.